This tutorial aims to give you the means to disinfect your computer in an autonomous way concerning the rather important infections (Trojan, backdoor etc).
This procedure is intended for computers with multiple infections and not for computers infected with adware (pop-up of unwanted advertisements), I advise you to refer to this procedure instead: Remove adware and parasitic programs
If you have a "simple" infection or symptoms that are not necessarily synonymous with infections (crash, slowness), there is no point in following this procedure.
How to remove viruses
Disinfecting a system can damage it; the system may no longer start.
He is very deeply advised to back up your data in the event of a Windows crash during disinfection.
If this is not the case, burn your data or copy them to an external hard drive / USB keys (be careful of removable disk infections).
In case your system is crashed .. and you have not made a backup .. you can follow this tutorial: Recover your data and possibly post on the forum asking for help getting Windows back on track (in case it's possible).
The cleaning consists of going through the utilities one by one.
As far as possible and for better efficiency, you should follow this procedure without interruption, ie avoid restarting in normal mode.
Do not hesitate to leave the scan running overnight if it takes a long time.
NOTE: if the Malwarebyte or Combofix programs do not start (nothing happens when you double-click on them), rename the files to winlogon or explorer.
Some infections block these programs in order to prevent disinfection. Example Total Security or some variants of braviax
Remove viruses with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a program that allows you to remove parasitic programs and adware
- Download and run AdwCleaner
- Then click on the button Analyze in order to launch an analysis.
- When the scan is complete, AdwCleaner asks you to uncheck the parasitic programs that you want to keep: Do not uncheck anything, click on Suppression to remove adware and parasitic programs.
- Let yourself be guided, cleaning may require restarting the computer. If so, accept.
- On restart, a report will open, close it.
Remove viruses with RogueKiller
- Download then install RogueKiller
- Start a PC virus scan by clicking on the button Analyze
- Let the scan run, it will take some time
- Finally remove all detected threats
Remove viruses with MalwareByte AntiMalware
- Download then install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Let yourself be guided to carry out the first configurations
- Then Launch a quick scan by clicking on the button Analyze
- At the end of the scan, delete all the threats detected
- Finally restart your PC if MBAM asks for it
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in video:
Remove viruses with NOD32
- Download then run esetonelinescanner.exe
- Then let yourself be guided to perform the analysis online then enable PUA detection (Potentially unwanted application)
- Then the analysis of NOD32 is carried out, again, it will take a long time, be patient
- Finally place all the detected elements in quarantine
NOD32 scan in video:
After that ?
The majority of infections today incorporate keyloggers or run programs that search for passwords for your WEB sites.
It is strongly recommended to change the passwords of ALL your WEB / FTP sites, especially if you are viewing your bank, eBay, Paypal, etc.
The question that comes up most often after an infection is "what is the best antivirus" - "Are my protections good?" ".
Are you looking for the ultimate antivirus that helps protect your system?
If so, you are not asking yourself the right questions ... Infections do not happen on their own and are either the result of bad habits or a lack of knowledge of the computer tool that malware authors take advantage of.
To overcome this, it is necessary ...... to read and document yourself a minimum.
For any personalized help, you can create a topic in the Virus section of the malekal.com forum: https://forum.malekal.com/